Friday, June 8, 2012

Getting Started

I thought I'd start this blog by reflecting on what my intentions are. Software development is a very fluid profession - stuff changes all the time. Technology changes, requirements change and how we approach problems change quite often. In dealing with this ever changing environment, we stumble upon new ideas (some our own, but most at least inspired by the work of others) all the time. It is the reflections, lessons and raw knowledge that I encounter in those situations about which I'd like to blog.

The blogs that follow will deal with both practicle and academic matters. I intend to document techniques that I encounter or devise to overcome practice software development problems. These blogs will be very specific and limited in scope, but I hope will be of use to others who undoubtedly will encounter the same problems; or perhaps they will inspire somewhat different solutions. I aslo intend to document my thoughts on the practice of software development. These blogs will cover how I develop software, the methods I use (as I develop those methods, of course), musing on concepts put forth by others, and what I hope will be insights useful to even more people. Well, at the very least, these blogs will help me organize and document my thoughts even if no one else finds any benefits in them.